Workshop – Managing Performance in your business
November 27 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
How to manage performance issues
This Workshop will enable you to manage poor performance issues effectively and with the confidence to deal with the matter in the right way, ensuring the company is not at risk of any legal action. It is essential to anyone in the workplace who manages people.
We are looking forward to running this workshop which will include a light lunch at the end and opportunity to network and chat afterwards.
About this Event
The cost of poor performance is hard to quantify as it impacts many things; the productivity or output of your team, it can affect the performance of other teams in the business that your team supports, it can demotivate other people in your team if they don’t see the issue being dealt with, it can lead to your best performers leaving the business.
This course is to help managers identify poor performance and ensure that it is dealt with in way that is supportive and aims to help the employee improve their performance. Where performance doesn’t improve, making managers aware of the right way to deal with poor performance, ensuring they stay on the right side of employment legislation.
- All managers will understand when to start conversations about poor performance and when to involve HR and invoke formal procedures
- All managers will understand the importance of documenting meetings and the legal aspects of managing a poor performance issue incorrectly.
- What is poor performance?
- How does this link to the appraisal/performance process?
- Why should you take action?
- What can cause poor performance?
- When should you take action?
- How should you take action?
- The Legal Aspects